2 cups rice ( basmathi or sona masuri)
1 onion thinly sliced
1 cup peas
1 cup carrot
half cup beans
half cup mint leaves
half cup coriander leaves
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1tbsp red chilli powdet 30 r
1/2 tbsp briyani masala powder
3 cups water
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp jeera
1 bay leaf
2 inch cinnamon stick
1 star anise
- Wash and soak rice in water for about 30 mins.
- Chop the veggies.Clean and chop mint and coriander leaves, puree the tomatoes.
- Drain the rice after 30 mins, Keep aside.
- Heat oil in pot add spices for minute.
- Fry the onions. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes off.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 2 mintues.
- Add red chili powder,biryani masala powder and salt.
- Add veggies cook for 3 mins. Add drained rice and staute for 2 to 3 mins, pour water.
- Bring to boil on high flame. When water comes to boil,lower flame to medium,until the water evaporates completely. Simmer the stove. cook for 5 mins.
- Serve tomato biryani with raita.