Friday, November 17, 2017
Friday, November 10, 2017
- 2 cups or ½ litre full cream milk
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 3 tbsp cold milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- 10 or ¼ cup green grapes, chopped
- 1 small sized or ¼ cup banana,
- ½ medium sized or ¼ cup apple, chopped
how to prepare custard milk:
- firstly, in a thick bottomed pan add milk.stir occasionally and get the milk to boil.
- meanwhile, in a bowl take 2 tbsp of custard powder. i have used mangi flavour custard powder.add 3-4 tbsp of milk and mix well.stir continuously, making sure there are no lumps formed in it.
- once the milk has boiled, turn off the flame and pour the prepared custard mixture into it.
- also add sugar. adjust the amount of sugar if looking for more sweeter fruit custard.
- mix continuously, keeping the flame on low.the milk changes colour to dark yellow.furthermore, it thickens slightly. adjust the consistency by cooking for long time.
- transfer to a small bowl and cool completely.
how to prepare fruit custard:
- once the prepared custard milk has cooled completely, add chopped fruits of your choice.also add cardamom powder and mix gently.
- cover and chill for 2 hours or more.once the custard fruit salad has chilled, it turns more thick and creamy.finally, serve fruit custard chilled.
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
- Lamb legs - 8 number.
- Turmeric powder 1 tea spoon.
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tablespoon.
- Onions (Chopped) 1 big.
- cardamom 2 number.
- Cinnamon 2 number.
- shah zeera 1 tea spoon
- Cloves 2 number.
- Oil 2 tablespoons.
- Salt to taste.
- Green Chilles 3 big.
- coconut powder freshly made 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon.
- Garam masala powder tea spoon.
- red chill powder 1 tea spoon.
- Corainder leaves 1 bunch.
- water as required
- Clean Lamb Legs with little turmeric and water and keep it aside.
- Take Pressure Cooker add oil to it then add masalas, onions chopped, mix it little bit then add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt as per taste mix these ingredients.
- Now add Lamb legs to this mixture, mix well then add coconut powder, Coriander powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder, red chill powder and mix all these ingredients well.mix it well and add water as required and close the pressure cooker with the lid, let it cook for atleast 30 minutes in slow flame.
- Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes if you want more soup you can add some more water into it.Granish with corrinader leaves . Serve hot.
Monday, November 6, 2017
- 1/2 kg chikkudukayalu
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- pinch of tormeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 cup water
- some coriander leaves for granish
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds let them splutter, add onion fry onions become transparent.then add ginger garlic paste fry until raw smell goes off.
- Add tomatoes ,salt and turmeric fry till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now add chikkudukaya pieces, add red chilli powder, coriander powder,garam masala and cumin powder.
- Add water cook until chikkudukaya pieces become soft.
- Granish with coriander leavesServe hot with white rice or chapati.
Thursday, October 12, 2017
- for masala powder:
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- 1 star anise
- 1 cardamom
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- 1 tbsp dry coconut
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- for masala bha
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustarud
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilli, slit
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 15 whole cashew
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (peas, aloo, carrot)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 cup rice soaked for 20 minutes
- 2½ cups water, adjust
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Heat oil, add all the ingredients below for masala powder. Cool and grind to smooth paste.
- Heat oil and prepare tempering.Add onion, chilli and ginger-garlic paste. saute well. Add 1 tomato, cashew and mixed vegetables. saute well.
- Now add spice powder.saute the spices on low flame for a minute.
- add rice, water and salt.stir well, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Granish with coriander leaves.serve with raita.